This is long overdue. I baked it for grandma for Christmas and I was waiting for some snow to make the setting complete. But this is such a tasty cake, that snowy winter is not really a must, now that I think of it. The recipe is from Flying Umbrellas, slightly adapted, and it was quite a success, taking into account the long baking break I took.
- 250g brown sugar
- 220g flour
- 3 large eggs
- 60g butter
- Vanillated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 large apples, grated (optionally peeled)
- 150g ground walnuts
- 330 ml yoghurt
- Mix together the dry ingredients (including the walnuts)
- Combine the melted butter with the eggs and the yoghurt, fold in the apples
- Use a greased a cake pan (I used a silicon flower shaped pan) and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, at low to medium heat, until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then take out of the pan and enjoy (sugar sprinkling optional)
This year, I plan on working on my photography skills. No more pinkish, slightly inclining photos like the one above. Or at least, this is my target. Meanwhile, this cake is tasty enough to mind not my poor photography, and just enjoy the perfect trio of walnuts-apples-cinnamon.
What better way to start the week, really?