I was kind of anxious to get back to my regular baking schedule. I missed my tools and my kitchen way more than I expected. But I did want an easy recipe, because of all the things on hold while I was away and requiring my attention these days.
These were supposed to be biscotti. But I just didn’t feel like the whole baking twice process. Plus, biscotti would have been to hard for my grandma’s teeth, so here, they are, the chocolate and almond biscotti on Good Food taking part in my collection.
- 200g flour + some extra
- 150g sugar
- 60g milk chocolate
- 60g cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (it felt a bit too much, you might want to use only half of this quantity)
- 100g almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to medium heat. You don’t have to refrigerate the batter, so it’s better to turn the oven on right away
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, grated chocolate and grounded almond in a bowl
- Beat the eggs lightly, ass the vanilla extract and pour over the dry mixture
- Incorporate with your hands until the batter comes together. Move the batter onto a cooking board covered in flour and incorporate some more flour. For biscotti, I guess you would incorporate as much flour as the batter accepts. I stopped after another 50-80 grams or so, because I wanted the cookies slightly fluffy
- Form little balls of batter and press into cookie shape
- Bake for 6 minutes. Once out, let cool in the pan, then move to a cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar when completely cooled
There is one other idea: you can melt 100g of white chocolate and use a fork to sprinkle the cookies. I tried, but I forgot the chocolate in the microwave, which, of course, was not a good idea.
For biscotti, the drill is to form 2.5 cm by 30 cm logs of batter and bake them for 25 minutes. When completely cooled, you should cut them in slices and bake for another 15 minutes. Next time for me, maybe.
Have a lovely, wonderful Sunday, friends. Do something you enjoy today!