This week, I went for a very simple recipe, from Jamie Oliver. I baked 6 dozens or so and took some on the train to Cluj with me (more about the trip to Cluj next week, if I manage to gather my thoughts together).
- 250g butter
- 200g sugar
- 400g flour
- 2 eggs
- zest from 4 lemons
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- brown sugar for sprinkling
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside
- Pre-heat the oven as Gas 2 (which counts as low to medium)
- Beat together sugar and butter until creamy
- Add the eggs and beat some more
- Incorporate the lemon zest, then the flour mixture, using a spatula, and then your hands
- Form cookies and press into shape using a fork; sprinkle some brown sugar on each cookie
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in the tray, then move to a plate
This is it. They are simple, tasty, easy to make and enjoy. No I-am-the-king-of-biscuits attitude, but, as Jamie Oliver says, they can be flavored with cinnamon, and, I think, even ginger.
Have a lovely Sunday, see you next week!