It’s been a strange week around here. Snow, cold outside, still some loose ends to tie after my London trip. I really don’t know when the time flew by. But I did manage to squeeze in my weekly cookie, a cheesecake recipe from Heat Oven to 350.
- 770g flour
- 280g butter
- 340g sugar
- 450g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g graham crackers, crumbled
- 250g forest berry fruit jam (preferably with whole fruits)
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar using your mixer or a spatula
- Add cream cheese and mix for a couple of minutes
- Incorporate the eggs, add vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture in one go and incorporate with your spatula, then using your hand to create the batter
- Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes or so. In the meantime, preheat the oven at medium heat
- Once out of the refrigerator, form balls of batter using your hands, then roll in the graham crackers crumble
- Use a measure spoon (I used the 1/2 tsp) to form a indentation in the center of the cookie (and thus, press them into shape)
- Fill the indentation with the jam (I now used the 1/4 tsp)
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, over low to medium heat
- Let cook in the pan for a couple of minutes, the jam is extremely hot, so be sure to handle with care
These cookies were a hit and nothing less. For the next time, I will make the crumbles less fine, and will use whole fruit jam, I bet they would look even better.
Have a lovely Sunday! Happy Easter!